The DIY Science Zone is back for GeekGirlCon 2014! You know what that means!
- There will be an fun place at GGC '14 for attendees to get their hands dirty with science!
- This zone will be staffed by a crew of talented scientists and science educators!
- We need to raise $6000 and will do acts of whimsy to show our gratitude! As of 9 September 2014, $3393.50 has been raised.
What acts of whimsy will I be doing? To celebrate the first $100, I wore a tiara at work. Since we crossed the $500 mark, I'll be running the CASA Donut Dash on September 14th in this Wonder Woman ensemble.
...but that's not all! Last year, I subjected myself to Nickelback to raise money for the DIY Science Zone. This year, it's Pink Floyd.
That's right, I don't like Pink Floyd. But! I will listen to Pink Floyd - FOR SCIENCE! For every $1000 the pro-Pink Floyd ("Go PF") camp raises, I'll listen to an entire band album. I can be saved from listening to Pink Floyd, if the anti-Pink Floyd ("No PF") camp offers up counter donations. It's Go PF vs. No PF! Here's how you can make be listen to Pink Floyd or save me from it:
- Go PF camp -> Donate to the DIY Science Zone. In the box "Add special instructions to the seller", type "Go PF"
- No PF camp -> Donate to the DIY Science Zone. In the box "Add special instructions to the seller", type "No PF"
Go PF or No PF, the winner will be science! No donation is too small and every dollar helps! Thanks to all our wonderful donors. Yes, even the Go PF ones...
UPDATE! Go PF camp has raised $595 to get me to listen to Pink Floyd. The NO PF camp? $275. Gotta say, last year, Nickelback fans were all about throwing money at the zone. Pink Floyd fans? Um...
gif from Buzzfeed